Wednesday, September 2, 2020

You may leave home, but the Mom Lectures will find you.

Thursday (September 2, 1976)

Dear Robin,

I really was glad to get your letter. I have mailed two to you but I put your room number on them so I hope you got them.

I don't know how often I will be able to write to you - there is just not that much to write about. I went to Lisa's for supper Tuesday and Grant missed you very much. Every time I see him he keeps asking where you are. He can't understand why you don't come home from school like you did before.

It sounds as if you have some very interesting courses but hard

I know that getting high grades has never meant much to you or seemed important but it is to most people and when you get out of school your grade records may have a lot to do with your getting a job.

Gary and Donna were on the south side of town yesterday and she called. She said Julie is doing fine. She is going to Tammy's for Labor Day. 

I really enjoyed the trip to Lubbock. If I had been able to sleep more at the motel I would not have been very tired at all.

I went with Myra and Howard to see what that 1 hour golf is all about. It doesn't seem as if it would be too much fun but it would be good practice.

I talked to Nora yesterday she said she has had her hair cut real short. Bobby wouldn't speak to her at first but he finally admitted that it looked sexy. I promised I'd go up there next week.

Well I had better get this out for the mail man to pick up.

Write often.

Love

Mother

No comments: