Monday, September 7, 2020

Making Trip Plans

Tuesday (September 7, 1976)

Dear Robin

I just got your letter and you got a couple of letters from the bank so I opened them to see if there was anything about your social security. It's a good thing I did because now I won't have to loan you any. It didn't take them so long after all.

I've been cutting the grass and watering outside all morning now I'm washing some clothes and then I'm going to shower and then go to the store. Tomorrow I think I'll go to Lakehills. N calls every day or so wanting to know when I'm coming. I'm thinking of taking the cats and Holly with me so I can stay a few days.

Yesterday L, K, and I went to North Star Mall - there was an art show. It was really crowded out there; all the stores were having Labor Day sales. I didn't buy anything. The rest of the weekend I mostly watched TV - tennis and golf.

It sounds as if you and your new roommate are getting along pretty good.

If you need anything while I'm at N's her number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX. You can have the call charged to this number here at home. You can also call me when you want to - you don't have to just need something.

Love,

Mother

Taking the city cats (John Boy and Jim Bob) and Holly (fox terrier) on a trip to a ranch where there are kids, cows, deer, and lots of other dogs and cats? Oh, this will be an adventure!

No comments: