Sunday, August 30, 2020

Bank Robbery?

Monday Morning (August 30, 1976)

Dear Robin

I was wondering all weekend what you were doing. Lisa and I went to an antique show at Wonderland Saturday afternoon. Yesterday it was raining off and on all day. We didn't have much rain but the northwest part of town had a flood. The other night when Ricci Ware was giving the weather he said someone from Roosevelt had called asking about the weather in Lubbock - their children had just gone there to school.

I got me a new piece of work it is a picture in filo of three cute little titmice on some branches. I thought it would be easy but there are so many of those tiny little lines that I get cross eyed trying to see them.

I don't know what is the trouble with these cats - they keep getting into fights. I think it's Jim Bob who yells the most so I guess John Boy must be the winner.

Some one must have found out that you put all your money in American State because they tried to rob it last week.

I have so many jobs I want to get started on I guess I'll have to write them all down and draw one out of a hat so I'll know where to get started. 

But right now I have to pay bills.

Love,

Mother

Mom enclosed the newspaper article about the bank incident. Glad no one was hurt and my whopping $300 balance was safe!

Picture 2 of 6

I found this picture on eBay of the filo embroidery kit she got for her new "piece of work." I wish I had the finished project - I'm thinking my sister may have it. I have a filo owl that she did that needs to be framed that was a kit that I bought her for a birthday or Mother's Day. Not exactly sure why it's called "filo," but it has something to do with the pen-and-ink look of the final product.

She always had some kind of handwork - embroidery or crochet going.

No comments: