Monday, September 28, 2020

Out of order

 Oops! I found another Monday, September 20 letter. We're a little out of order now. Oh well.

Monday

Dear Robin

I'm sorry I didn't get these letters mailed Saturday but I had to go fishing. Lisa, Callie and I went to the lake and stayed all night. Lisa caught two nice bass Saturday evening and I hooked two big ones Sunday morning but they both got off just as I was about to land them. The lake is very low and there's lots of moss so they got in that and got off. I was casting with one of those old lures that you found. It rained a little on us but it made it nice and cool. It's still raining here this morning.

John Boy and I are having a constant battle. My zinnias are blooming and I have some in the house and he wants to eat them. Also Jim Bob is trying to get the berries off the cactus. They have turned red and so far he hasn't got through the thorns.

Lisa gave me a picture that she painted and framed. It's real pretty - a bird on a nest and a pot of flowers on a fence. Also I finished and framed my titmice.

I got another kit of Filo. There are two pictures in it - one a windmill and one a farm house. I'm also making a baby afghan for Valerie.

Doug and Betsy just came by. They have moved out near Brandon but they don't like it very much for various reasons. As soon as Betsy gets a job they will probably move again.

I'm glad you are getting to do so many things that you never had a chance to do before. (Editor's note: Oh, if she only knew....) 

There is a place for you to sign on the telephone paper so I didn't send it to the company.

Love,

Mother

Here's a photo of the kit she bought. I don't think I ever saw either of these finished. 



No comments: