Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Wedding bells, but not for me

Tuesday (April 19, 1977)

Dear Robin,

I just got back from Cotulla. Donna was in Thursday and I went home with her. She and Gary brought me back today. I've had a wonderful time. It rained a lot and Gary was working cattle but I enjoyed it all. Saturday afternoon Donna and I went to Laredo for Miss Stacey and that was a nice drive.

Have you heard from Julie? If so I guess you know all about her being engaged. I didn't see her of course but I did meet Stan. He is a nice looking man and seems friendly and nice. He is a deputy sheriff. Julie is going to go to school one more year so the wedding will be next June but Donna is already making plans. They like Stan very much.

It's getting closer to time for you to come home. I'll be glad. I hope we can spend some time at the lake. Then we'll do some cleaning and painting around here and then a lot of sewing to get you ready for school again.

Right now I have to try to get this yard cut. It rained while I was gone and the grass is growing like crazy. My garden is growing nicely, too. I've got a lot to do.

Love,

Mother

The year is winding down. Sounds like she's got my summer all planned! From what I remember, I did take a class or two at the community college that summer and I'm sure there was sewing involved. I remember going to the lake house, but I have no recollection of any cleaning and painting!

No comments: