Thursday, January 28, 2021

January News

 Monday (January 24, 1977)

Dear Robin

I just had my picture taken but don't be so surprised it was for my driver's license.

I'm glad you got classes that you like so now get to work.

Everything has been as dull as usual around here. I think my cold is on the way out now.

I haven't heard any more about Valerie. She was to go to the hospital last Monday morning but I guess she didn't. Brandon promised to call and I haven't heard from him.

I miss having Lolly here. Nora says she is doing fine. Jody had to work almost all last week so she took Lolly and her little girl to the nursery at Bandera. Every day Lolly said they had rice, pegetti and beans. 

That girl on channel 12 news at noon's last name is Vierville and the news man is Quinn Matthews. He is young and has a baby face.

How about Tom Watson winning the Crosby? Right at the last I thought sure he was going to blow it.

I haven't heard a word from Gary and Donna. Guess I should call and see how they are. I'd like to go down there

Doug and Betsy went up and checked on the lake house. As soon as the weather gets better I want to go up there and work on the yard some. For that matter I have a lot of yard work to do here at home. The sun is shining today but it is windy and a little cool.

My stomach is growling because it's empty so I think I'll go see what I can find to eat.

Love

Mother

Since she mentioned having her picture taken, I guess it's time to throw in a picture of my mom. Of course, this one was taken way before 1977. Probably around 1935-ish I would say. She would be mortified to know I was posting this particular picture, but it's my absolute all-time favorite picture of her, and she's not here to protest, so here it is.



No comments: