Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Christmas is coming

Thursday (December 9, 1976)

Dear Robin

I think Howard and Dee would appreciate getting a letter from you very much. I know that kind of letter is hard to write but just tell them how sorry you are and then tell them something about school. They always ask about how you are doing. We will try to go to see them while you are at home.

I think the Pixie idea sounds like a lot of fun and good for the children too.

Lisa and I went to Windsor Park Tuesday and I got some more Christmas shopping done. For the life of me I can't think of what to get for Julie or Chad. I hope you will have some ideas when you get home.

I haven't had the car door fixed yet but I fastened the seat belt to it and I can drive to the store but I'd be too nervous to go very far.

I guess I'd better get this out so the mailman can pick it up.

Love

Mother

This is the last letter of the fall semester. I'd be home in about a week. The "Pixie idea" was a secret Santa event we did in the dorm - only the final "reveal" present was not for the other person, it was for a toy collection project like Angel Tree or Toys for Tots or something like that. My secret person was a voice major from somewhere who lived a few doors down from me. She used to practice in her room a lot, I remember.

I am picturing Mom driving around with a faulty car door lashed to the car with the seatbelt! It was a new car, too, a 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I think she probably got it fixed before I got home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I really love reading these letters - a glimpse into your life!!