Saturday, September 7, 2013

Savory Saturday: Greek Bread

Ok, this isn't exactly what I was going for when I decided to change the look of my blog, but I'm going to have to live with it, I guess.  All I wanted to do was change the background, not rearrange everything!


Lisa posted a most-delicious sounding recipe on her blog today - Tomato Relish.  Be sure to check it out.  I have decided to share a recipe from the book, Easy Weeknight Favorites which I bought at a Southern Living at Home party years ago.  It really is one of our favorites.  In fact, if Dave isn't going to be home for dinner, sometimes Grace and I make this for our entire dinner!  It's also great for parties.

Greek Bread

1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning (like Cavender's).
1 (16-oz) loaf unsliced French bread
1 (4-oz) package tomato-basil feta cheese
1 (2.5 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1/2 cup drained, chopped pepperoncini peppers

Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise Greek seasoning and feta cheese, stirring until smooth.  Slice bread loaf in half lengthwise.  Spread cream cheese mixture on cut sides of bread Sprinkle olives and peppers over cream cheese mixture.  Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

There are some other really good recipes in this cookbook.  There's one for warm potato and sausage salad which is delicious, especially for garlic lovers.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

yummmmmmm!! Mark is doing paleo right now but when he starts eating bread again, I am going to make this!!!