Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The other wall

This is the fourth wall in the sewing room, the one I haven't photographed before because nothing was on it until yesterday.



I've had the rack for years, but just had never put it up in this house until yesterday. I've talked about the Tennessee Puzzle quilt on the end before, here. I found the Fancy Dresden Plate in a trunk at my in-laws' house in Florida after my mother-in-law died. I think my husband's grandmother must have made it.

The kaleidoscope is just a top. I think my mom pieced it, or maybe my grandmother. I actually have two - I guess they were planned for twin beds. I hope to quilt them soon.

The little sofa is not centered under the rack for a reason - I wouldn't be able to get in the door of the room if it was! I'm really thinking of taking out one of the closets on the other wall and converting that space to either a cutting center or a sewing center. The latter is appealing, especially since the machine and its table would be up against a wall, which would be beneficial for supporting the quilt while machine quilting.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wonderful display rack and the quilts are just beautiful!

All my quilts are piled on a chair. I recently purchased a pretty drapery rod, with clips to display my larger quilts. The problem now is to find a wall to hang it.

Have you seen the ladders for displaying quilts? You can move them all around. With a little help from my Dad, I think I could make one.