Thursday, May 12, 2022

Sunday Stealing on Thursday

I'm stealing this Sunday Stealing stuff from a friend's blog. I think there's a place to link to other stealers. I'll have to figure that out.

1. Do you like your handwriting? I really do. I've worked on it for years. Before I learned cursive writing I admired my sister's handwriting so much I tried to copy it exactly. I based mine on hers, but have developed my own style over the years. People comment on my handwriting often. That sounds a bit obnoxious, doesn't it?

2. Do you like roller coasters? No. The worst thing my daughter and a friend ever did to me was to convince me to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney World. It was just awful. You know when you get off a ride and you can see the picture that was taken of you at some point along the way? I looked like someone was trying to kill me and telling me my puppy died at the same time. Give me a Ferris wheel, merry-go-round or slow miniature railroad - those are more my cup of tea. In fact, if you can drink a cup of tea while riding, that's an appropriate speed for me.

3. Do you like scary movies? Depends. I don't like a lot of blood and gore, but I enjoy some psychological thrillers.

4. Do you like shopping? I do, but not as much as I used to. Several years ago I was walking through my formerly favorite mall and thought to myself, there's just nothing here that is relevant to my life anymore. Those darn millennials have even taken over shopping.

5. Do you like to talk on the phone? Not really. My husband can talk on the phone (and sometimes does) all day long. I much prefer texting.

6. Do you sleep with the lights on or off? Off - in a room that is as dark as possible. 

7. Do you use headphones or earphones? Yes. I often wake up an hour or two before my husband does and I use headphones to listen to my Audible book.

8. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want any? No, and possibly/probably not. I used to have not the best impression of people with tattoos, but I've really revised my thinking. I met a fellow quilter and needleworker who had a lot of tattoos - of cute quilty/handwork type things - spool of thread, pin cushion, ball of yarn, etc. She and they were so cute. I guess that's the type I would get - granny tattoos, you could call them. The problem is, what if I got tired of them? 

9. Do you wear glasses? Oh yes. I wish I didn't.

10. What is your strangest talent? I can write forward (normally) with my right hand and backwards with my left hand at the same time. It just has to be the same word(s). I think a lot of people can/could do this, so maybe it's not so strange.

11. Have you ever been in the hospital? The summer between 5th and 6th grade I spent a week in the hospital for strep throat. I guess I had a severe case. Of course, it was during the Dark Ages. The funny thing is that I was sick at home for a week, then finally they admitted me to the hospital, but I was already starting to feel better. So I really enjoyed all the visitors with presents; the snack cart that came around every night before bed (I chose grape juice and vanilla ice cream); and playing Old Maid or Go Fish with my nurse every day. It was like a little vacation. The worst part was being told I couldn't go swimming for the rest of the summer (again, Dark Ages). My next trip was my C-section in 1991. And in 2008 I gave away one of my kidneys and was in the hospital a few days for that.

12. What color mostly dominates your wardrobe? Pink, I guess. I'm wearing pink right now, in fact. I wear a lot of black, too.

13. What's your most expensive piece of clothing? Like my friend Lisa, it's my mother-of-the-bride dress. And it wasn't all that expensive to begin with, plus it was on sale.

14. Have you ever had braces? Yes, in junior high - but just on my top teeth. Then when my wisdom teeth came in they messed up my bottom teeth, but I wasn't interested in getting braces again, especially as I was 21+ by then and I would have had to pay the bill!

15. Have you ever been on TV? Yes, several times, accidentally and on purpose. I was on local news several years ago, being interviewed about a project I was involved in at the college where I worked. But the most fun was being an extra for the 1990 movie, "A Killing in a Small Town" which starred Barbara Hershey and Brian Dennehy. It's the same true crime story as the current Hulu series, "Candy." 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

There are so many things I want to comment on today!! First of all, we just watched Candy - oh my goodness!!! Your comment about the mall made me laugh. Do you remember Brookwood Mall? It is no longer a mall - I'm not sure what they are going to do with it! It doesn't surprise me that Dave can talk on the phone all day hahahaha!! Speaking of tattoos, I got a pedicure after work yesterday and the girl in the chair next to me had one of the cutest tattoos I've seen. It was mostly on her foot and it was a bee and it showed his ziggy zaggy flight pattern. I'm not doing a good job of describing it but it was cute!