Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Turkey Tracks


These turkey tracks blocks make me smile! I don't know if it's the happy red and white fabrics, or the fact that I'm making turkey tracks blocks two days before Thanksgiving. The pattern is in the book, "Remembering Adelia." The pattern in the book only calls for four blocks, which are 6.5 inches unfinished. I made 9. I hope to get it all put together today. The borders are the same green as the cornerstones, making it very Christmasy. If the quilting turns out half-way nice, this may end up as one of my Pay-It-Forward gifts.


I have the day off today - am tying valiantly to put work completely out of my thoughts. Along with putting this together, I hope to get to the grocery store with my list for Thanksgiving. Now that my daughter is a vegetarian, we may "think outside the turkey." I'll still make a meat dish for my husband and me, but probably not a big bird.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I need to learn how to quilt and I need to make a turkey track quilt for both Glenn and Mark - they would love it. Wish you still lived here so you could teach me! I sew for our Baby Love ministry - I think I have a post about it - way back at beginning of blog and still make curtains for the house (or dorm rooms while the kids were in college). I scrapbook now - except I never seem to have enough time for my hobbies!! Your quilts are gorgeous!