Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

'Happy Thanksgiving, Americans, and happy day to all. In a few minutes I have to go back downstairs and see how the rolls are rising. We're having pork roast, cauliflower with cheese sauce, cranberry/orange salad, asparagus, homemade rolls and the apple pie pictured above, which I made sugar-free. There's also still some Shaker lemon pie - I think I'll have a little of each!

These two quilts are Jo's Little Women (Jo Morton) projects from way back. I altered the center of Cabin Corners, the one on the table. I inked "A cabin with plenty of food is better than a hungry castle," which I thought was appropriate for both a log cabin quilt and for Thanksgiving. The basket quilt is folded on a little towel stand I got on eBay.

I'm thankful for my husband and daughter, who keep life exciting, for my friends and family and for the love of God in our lives! Hope you have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving your Jos!!!

Micki said...

I love your quilts. The miniature quilt is my favorite.
Thanks for stopping by, and you have a lovely blog!
Micki