Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

Here is another new year starting.  To tell you the truth, I'm a little startled by it!  2014 flew by so quickly and had so many ups and downs.  Work was crazy, with my boss's retirement, getting a new boss (not new to the college because he had been one of our vice presidents), the grand opening of a new building and program on campus which I've spent most of the last two years writing about, talking about, making presentations about, planning, raising funds for, etc. etc. etc.  It has truly occupied my life.  And then in the middle of it all, I developed an annoying health issue that I really don't want to talk about - at least not yet.  I'm getting treatment, in fact I graduated from physical therapy yesterday, and I'm feeling tons better than I did in September and October - I was really in sad shape for a while there.  I'm much, much better now.  So let's talk about quilts and stuff!

We've had a good day, today.  Mostly quiet - DD was out with a friend all day.  I made lunch for Dave and me - pecan crusted chicken, hoppin' john, pasta salad left over from yesterday and sugar free brownies with sugar-free vanilla ice cream.  Delish.

Are you making resolutions this year?  I'm not, really, except that I've made a list of UFOs to complete in 2015 and they are (in the order I want to get them done): 
  1.  Kites and Diamonds - this is the quilt I'm hand quilting right now.  I'm pretty sure my mother pieced it sometime in the '50s or '60s.  I haven't taken a picture of it yet.
  2. Bow Tie - I saw a vintage bow tie quilt on Flickr one day when I was eating lunch at my desk and decided I had to make one like it.  I went home and made one block just as a sample so I wouldn't forget and the next thing I knew it was covering my design wall.  No pic of it yet, either.
  3. Not-Your-Grandmother's-Flower-Garden - I just ordered a hexagon die for my brand-new Christmas present GO Cutter, so I'm excited to get it and get busy.
  4. Mighty Oaks - I was in such a hurry to start this, and then I needed to get some notion or other and it just sort of got stuck on the design wall. It's a little further along than the picture below shows.
  5. Embroidered Baskets - I might get this done in time to enter it in the local quilt show.  That's a big maybe.  It only needs quilting, unless I decide to add a border.





I know it doesn't seem like a big list, but I will hand quilt these, and I only have so much time for hand quilting.  I've also chosen two tops to send out to be machine quilted: my Sister's Choice and Black and White and Red All Over. 


Wishing you all you dream of in 2015!

No comments: