We've had a good day, today. Mostly quiet - DD was out with a friend all day. I made lunch for Dave and me - pecan crusted chicken, hoppin' john, pasta salad left over from yesterday and sugar free brownies with sugar-free vanilla ice cream. Delish.
Are you making resolutions this year? I'm not, really, except that I've made a list of UFOs to complete in 2015 and they are (in the order I want to get them done):
- Kites and Diamonds - this is the quilt I'm hand quilting right now. I'm pretty sure my mother pieced it sometime in the '50s or '60s. I haven't taken a picture of it yet.
- Bow Tie - I saw a vintage bow tie quilt on Flickr one day when I was eating lunch at my desk and decided I had to make one like it. I went home and made one block just as a sample so I wouldn't forget and the next thing I knew it was covering my design wall. No pic of it yet, either.
- Not-Your-Grandmother's-Flower-Garden - I just ordered a hexagon die for my brand-new Christmas present GO Cutter, so I'm excited to get it and get busy.
- Mighty Oaks - I was in such a hurry to start this, and then I needed to get some notion or other and it just sort of got stuck on the design wall. It's a little further along than the picture below shows.
- Embroidered Baskets - I might get this done in time to enter it in the local quilt show. That's a big maybe. It only needs quilting, unless I decide to add a border.
I know it doesn't seem like a big list, but I will hand quilt these, and I only have so much time for hand quilting. I've also chosen two tops to send out to be machine quilted: my Sister's Choice and Black and White and Red All Over.
Wishing you all you dream of in 2015!