Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm getting there

Here is Black and White and Red All Over one week later. During the week, I only get to sew about one hour a day - usually from about 5 - 6 a.m.

I like to put quilts together in quarters - not row by row. It's easier for me to manage a big quilt in "chunks" and I could be wrong, but I think it makes it easier to match up the seams.

I fixed the block with the half-square triangle that was turned the wrong way. I debated with myself about it for days. I really prefer leaving mistakes in place unless they're just completely distracting. When I was finished fixing it I was kinda' sorry I had - I couldn't really get the points to match up when I re-sewed. Of course, my eye goes straight to that block every time I look at the quilt, but no one else's will.


Here's a border option I'm thinking about. What do you think? Maybe when I get the top sewn together I'll take some pics of some of my other options.
Next decision: hand or machine quilt or send it to the long-armer.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wonderful!! And, yes, yes to the border.